Azalea Root Driftwood Facts You Must Know
Azalea Root Driftwood is a prevalent material used as decoration for aquariums.
Many people use it to make the appearance of their aquarium more elegant, attractive, and not monotone.
However, not everyone uses it because they have doubts about the impact the material has on the fish or the quality of the water in it.
As is known, this type of driftwood can be found easily anywhere and can proliferate.
Here is a detailed explanation of Azalea Root Driftwood that you need to know.
What is Azalea Root Driftwood
Azalea Root Driftwood is a material used for aquarium ornaments.
It comes from North America and Asia and has a height of approximately 10 feet.
This wood generally has a red, brown color and is included in the type of shrub sector (roots).
Because it has a unique branch shape, this wood is often referred to as spider wood.
Pros of Using Azalea Root Driftwood
What are the pros of using Azalea Root Driftwood?
Of course, there are several significant benefits that you will be able to get in it, including:
- The presence of this plant in the aquarium will reduce the PH levels in the water, and This will keep the fish comfortable and healthy.
- Azalea Root Driftwood will also be able to have an impact to provide healthy bacteria in the aquarium.
- These beneficial bacteria will later support the health of fish from various ecosystems in the aquarium.
Cons of Using Azalea Root Driftwood
Although it has many advantages, it is undeniable that this plant will also have a negative impact that you need to know, some of which are:
- Azalea Root Driftwood is not a type of driftwood for aquariums that can be used for a long time.
- If the time is up, this wood will rot and must be replaced with a new one.
- When it dries out and is used for too long, this plant will immediately float, and of course, it must be removed immediately so as not to interfere
- with the activities of the fish in the aquarium.
Is Azalea Root Driftwood recommended for use?
Of course, it depends on your opinion.
After reading the facts, cons, and pros outlined above, you can decide whether to use it or not.
Beautifying the appearance of the aquarium is essential, but what is more important than that is how you maintain and care for the ecosystem in it so that it stays alive for a long time.